Happy New Year! Parents are making summer plans and so it is time to announce summer program dates for the Aspiring Youth Program. We look forward to the continued opportunity to support and reinforce the work that you do each day with these wonderful young folks.
Over the past eight years, our master’s level counselors have helped hundreds of campers build confidence and connection. Our summer staff is a multidisciplinary team from counseling, education, social work and psychology fields and includes four school department heads. We strive to create long-term growth and we hire leaders in the field.
· Social skills growth through small group check-ins
· Sustainable friendships through year-round social groups and events
· Convenient locations in Seattle, Redmond, Bellevue, Bothell and West Seattle
· Free enrollment meeting with clinical coordinators to ensure group fit and identify goals
· Parents enjoy weekly parent groups
· Ongoing consultation with parents and providers to help generalize new skills
· High school academic credits and service hours available
· Before and after-camp care available
In our traditional age-based day programs, we engage in fun field trips and group activities that build confidence and social skills. Two mornings per week, we do habitat restoration projects, where campers improve the environment and earn a $15 weekly internship stipend.
We also have theme-based day programs, in which campers pursue the same social skills curriculum as our traditional camps, with a shared interest activity as the primary focus. Themed camps include: Improv/Theatre, Video Production, Building & Inventing and Art Camp.
In addition to our day programs, we also offer overnight camps. These include our AYSE backpack trip, Theatre Camp, Video Production Camp, Running Camp and REN Camp (for our Renaissance Festival, J.R.R. Tolkien and Gaming aficionados).
We look forward to the opportunity to reinforce your work with these incredible young people. The attached flyers provide details. Please feel free to contact me with specific questions.
Ben Wahl, MSW
For more information visit our web site at aspiringyouth.net today!
Aspiring Youth Program
Direct: (206) 517-0222
Toll-Free: (888) 458-0481
Fax: (206) 525-9795